Contributions of in-kind gifts are a significant way to support Connecticut Children’s. Toys received from the community are crucial for helping children cope with medical procedures, physicians' visits, and hospital stays. These types of contributions allow us to reduce our operational expenses by utilizing donated services and products (See "Statement on Toy Use"). Since there are specific requirements that must be met before the Medical Center can accept in-kind donations, please contact the Foundation at 860-837-5700 to discuss how your contribution can best benefit our children and families.
Connecticut Children’s Medical Center can only accept new, unwrapped toys and stuffed animals. Please review the Toy Guidelines to ensure your contribution adheres to policies that are in place to protect the children served by Connecticut Children's. Click here for a full list of recommendations.
Connecticut Children's Patient "Top 10":
- Lego and Duplo kits – all sizes and types
- Uno cards and regular playing cards
- Infant rattles and board books
- Action figures and hero play for boys and girls
- Barbie dolls, baby dolls and My Little Pony sets
- Match box cars
- Crayola crayons (small boxes) washable markers, thin-line markers, color pencils and pens
- Velvet art kits, coloring books, activity books and journals
- Fisher Price Little People sets
- Character toys and games - Disney Princesses, Star Wars, Thomas & Friends, Doc McStuffins