Approved List of Donations
All items must be brand new, unwrapped, latex-free and compliant with our safety and infection control guidelines. We are unable to accept handmade cards, knitted/crocheted infant items, used items or toys with weapons or of a violent nature. If items do not fall within our guidelines or are unsafe/inappropriate for our patients, we reserve the right to politely decline donations.
- Fleece Blankets
- Stuffed Animals
- Card/Board Games (Uno, Monopoly Deal, Sushi Go, Connect 4, Candy Land, Jenga, Sorry, Trouble etc.)
- Arts & Crafts/STEM kits (small kits)
- Playdoh (multi-packs and kits)
- Barbies, Superhero Action Figures
- Infant and Toddler toys (Fisher Price, Sassy, Bright Starts, Nubby, Infantino, Baby Einstein)
- Animal/Character Figurines (dinosaurs, farm animals, etc.)
- LEGO sets (small sets)
- Coloring books & crayons/markers/colored pencils (including teen coloring books), Sticker By Numbers
- Matchbox Cars
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Donation Guidelines
Following the American Academy of Pediatrics Safe Sleep Guidelines, the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit can accept the following items:
- Boppy covers
- Sleep sacks
- Scent cloths
- Mirrors that attach to a crib
Please note: We no longer accept hats or loose blankets as there has been a national increase in the number of accidental infant suffocations. Sleep sacks are the best choice for swaddling babies and maintaining warmth.
For more information on donating, please call our Donations Line at 860-545-9880 or email toys [at] connecticutchildrens.org (toys[at]connecticutchildrens[dot]org). Thank you so much for your continued support!